My Blog List

Monday 22 January 2024

Realisation!!!!!

 2024 is not too old and I have come to the conclusion that I have too many unpainted figures!! Unreal I know but that's the truth!  Like most wargamers I buy way too many figures and have them sitting in a pile waiting to get round to them, but this year something is going to change!

I am not going to buy any new lead until I paint what I have, into my 18th projects and I have a tonne of bare metal, so enough to keep me busy for most of the year,when finished then I can buy what figures I need to round of projects or ad new units.  I also have enough Carlist War  bare metal to keep me going for a while before I will need to purchase the outstanding units required.

The only things I will be buying will be ready painted "old school" ECW for that project and that is only when I find the right figures, these usually only require a bit of touching up and rebasing, so not much work required there.

Hopefully I can stick to this and reduce the lead mountain and finally finish some units and maybe even some projects!! Fingers crossed!!  


6 comments:

  1. This seems to be a common theme if many early new year posts Donnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! I have known it for some time but aim to stick to it this time!! We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I am already beginning to plan a Thirty Years War project that I really need like another hole in the head but it really is gnawing away at me!!

      Delete
    2. Then do it! Epic 13.5mm armies or something else? I know several embarking upon just such a project.

      Delete
  3. I am going to go down The Assault Group route, first order will be going in shortly, I did think about doing Epic but I really do like TAG figures and they have a great range.

    ReplyDelete

Things getting done!!!

 My Peninsular project is still in the planning stages, so I cracked on with some figures that have been part completed since a couple of mo...