My Blog List

Saturday 30 March 2024

What's happening??......

 Well it was a really busy time at work, what with stock-taking last weekend and working again this weekend and yesterday afternoon it was lunch with my daughter who is up for the easter weekend, hadn't seen her for a while so it was a really good  to see her and pend some quality time with her. So not too much hobby time recently, but here is a wee update!

Got my Quar boxed set and really happy with it very nicely packaged and full of goodies that will hit the table soon as I clear the older metal one, they are getting towards the finished status so wont be too long. More purchases for this project are in the process of being finalised, with a load of goodies going to be winging their way from the U.S.A.

I got a couple of Epic ACW sprues from an ebay seller, these are the zouaves and cavalry ones, they came very quickly and will fit in very nicely into this project.  I also got some extra command stands from Warlord Games ebay shop, they are pretty pricey for what you get but will really help me get this project sorted so I wasn't too bothered about the price as the usefulness out weighs that,

So to finish, not too much hobby time but what there has been was pretty productive and all in all I am happy enough with the progress made and always good to see my bairn, so that was good too.  Hopefully next post might see some more progress being made, but who knows!!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Donnie, I am pleased you got to catch up with your daughter, and hobby progress seems good too.....Warlord expensive...who would have ever thought that ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and yours Keith, always nice to catch up with family and it was a lovely day.. I should expand on the Warlord command figures as I should have put it on the blog, they are in fact metal and not plastic so can understand why they are the price they are but still pricey that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a holiday weekend, you are lucky to spend time with your daughter. Painting can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was time well spent that's for sure Jon, and I did manage to get a bit of prep work done on Sunday, after this week I am on holiday for a week so should get some more hobby time then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with the ACW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been interested since old Airfix days Matt, too many years ago to even contemplate! I have a load of books but never done anything about it until now. Always fancied using the Perry range and I may yet, will see how the Epic project goes.

      Delete

Things getting done!!!

 My Peninsular project is still in the planning stages, so I cracked on with some figures that have been part completed since a couple of mo...