My Blog List

Saturday 6 April 2024

New goodies......

 I got a nice parcel in the post yesterday from Ironclad Miniatures, these two wee beauties.


  • They will be used for my ongoing Quar project, the original tractors are long out of production and if any do come up for sale they go rapid, there are new ones coming out but I wanted something sooner, so plumped for this two.  Very reasonably priced and postage in about two weeks which was fine.  They are resin and come in just a few parts, the main body and the tracks, and then there are a couple of metal pieces, a fuel stack and a machine gun. The top one will go to the Crusaders army and the one on the bottom to the Coftyran side. They are on the painting table but will be on the "to do" list as I am working my way through the metal figures in my collection.
I have a week off work this coming week so should get my fair bit of hobby time, looking at my table I have 20 Crusader figures finished just needing some washes and varnished then the base done, they are mounted on 25mm circles and I am going to use Stirland mud as the base for them as they are in a WW1 style setting, trenches etc, so the mud base seems the way to go. I have a 5 man Toulmore rhyfler unit and a HMG 2 man crew on the go as well, after them I may get some of the plastics glued and primed and put in the queue. I must admit I am surprising myself in being incredibly focussed, for me, on this project and really enjoying it.

The other thing that occupies my wargaming mind at the moment is a board as I could really do with a new one. I am going for a 6' x 4' and using hardwood plywood for it, probably 12mm, toyed with the idea of 18mm but the thinner board will be easier to handle. I am thinking of just painting it green gloss so I can use it for "old school" gaming and then using a mat for other games. Plenty to think about and plenty as always to do!  So until the next instalment....


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. First time I have ordered anything from Ironclad Jon and must admit I am really very happy with them, I will be buying again from them that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. Tghis is one genre of gaming I don't really know anything about, but they do look good Donnie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a genre I really do either Keith, all a bit of a learning curve for me but an enjoyable one all the same. The tanks are really rather good and should look good on the table, when I eventually paint them!!

      Delete

Latest Purchase......

  This is my latest purchase and the possible start of a new project! Not another one, I'm afraid so, very much in the planning stage at...