My Blog List

Sunday 21 April 2024

Bits and Bobs.....

 This weekend was one of doing bits here and there but not really concentrating on one thing. I got three sixteen man units of British infantry for my ongoing AWI project primed ready for some paint. All the figures are by Fife & Drum and them and the Perrys make up all my units, Continental and Brits and both work well enough, the Perry ones are a bit chunkier but do for me, the F & D ones are lovely, very nice elegant sculpts.

The next work done this weekend was getting some paint on 5 Giant Ice Trolls of the North which are part of the Wars of Ozz range, I have a few Ozz figures and have actually got some finished! These Trolls are allies of whatever faction you want, I have them all blocked and ready for a good wash, then highlights and they will be good enough for me. I don't do a lot of fantasy and this and Slaughterloo are my main fantasy projects although both have Napoleonic uniforms to some extent, anyway these will be done soon enough.

The last work I did this weekend was some Perry Paraguayan from their War of the Triple Alliance range, I have a only a few packs of these bought, this ones and some Argentinian infantry and cavalry, I am doing this as a small project and units are only 12 men each and 6 cavalry, I am not too sure how many units for each side, will see where it takes me, The figures are lovely, I really like them, but then I am a fan of the Perrys. I have the 12 man unit all blocked in and just a bit of final detail to do then a wash and highlight and I can get them based up.

The other wargaming part of my weekend was the usual reading of various blogs and one I really concentrated on was Unlucky General, a cracking blog and I read all his posts on his Peninsular project and his Waterloo one, really top notch and very inspiring. He tends to use a lot of Elite Miniatures figures and I must admit I really love those, they look great en masse and have a certain "old school" feel to them. 

Well it was a busy enough weekend for hobby time and also got some gardening in on Saturday so all in all a nice weekend and ready for the onslaught on work on Monday!!

6 comments:

  1. You’re keeping yourself busy. Having seen others’ Wars of the Triple Alliance projects it sure looks interesting and colorful. Elite Napoleonics certainly have a distinct charm. I like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Elite range could well take me down another rabbit hole Jon, that's the trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of interesting stuff on your painting table Donnie! Our mate Mark has a significant Triple Alliance collection - you can see them in action here - https://1808534.blogspot.com/2022/06/a-return-of-big-sunday-game-great.html - and there is also a link to Marks blog 1866 and All That on this post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Marks blog on bookmark, his First Carlist War collection is quite superb and a great inspiration to me, I also spent a fair bit of time poring over his Paraguayan War collection, top notch stuff!

      Delete
  4. You have a variety of paint projects going on. The Ice trolls sound like they would be fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice sculpts Peter and I did enjoy slapping some paint on them, the Wars of Ozz range has some great and unusual figures in it.

      Delete

Things getting done!!!

 My Peninsular project is still in the planning stages, so I cracked on with some figures that have been part completed since a couple of mo...