My Blog List

Sunday, 9 August 2026

Back in the Room.......

 Well it's been a wee while so thought I would share what time I have spent on the hobby recently and truth be told it's not been a lot!!  Back to work full time and it has been hectic but very enjoyable but leaves me pretty tired at nights and the weekend and with the football season back it really leaves Sunday at the moment and gardening is eating into that too. It's not all bad news on the hobby front though and my Dog Wars project nears the last bit, some artillery to base up and some artillery to get done and that will be that.  The picture below is for the Blue army hussars, two small squadrons of them and they have turned out very nicely. It's been a joy to work with the people at Alternatives Armies on this project, really good communication, nicely painted miniatures and a good price too, can't praise them highly enough.




I have enjoyed my experience with AA so much that I am now going back to Slaughterloo and will be building up Orc and Elf divisions, probably three a side, I will be doing some of it myself and AA will take care of the rest, again at a very decent price for me.  With my hobby time being so limited it is a great way for me to get painted troops on the table so for me it's a win win.

On other news with a little disposable money I have accrued I am buying some painted late 17th century troops from Mark Allen, I saw them on Facebook and couldn't resist them, after concluding the deal he asked me if I fancied some more Brits and French at a good price, if any of you have seen Marks work you will know it was too good a deal to turn down, so later this month I will have a good start for British and French forces for some League of Augsburg gaming, I will take stock of what I will get and then add to it as and when.

Well that's it for now, next post I will pop a photo on of some Orcs light infantry that have been done and based up, lovely painted unit from AA and then stuck n some bases by me!!  I have been following a lot of blogs online and find it so good to see what others get up to, certainly keeps me very interested and a source of great inspiration, keep on blogging folks despite all the problems that Blogger seems to throw at us!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your making some progress, the lste 17th century stuff sounds interesting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Iain, always interested in that time period, loads of interesting uniforms and still pike being used, looking forward to getting them and adding to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking cavalry Donnie. Hopefully their bite is worse than their bark.
    It is always difficult to find time for the hobby when you are working full time and have the usual household duties to complete. I am glad you are getting something done as it is always good to keep things ticking over. Planning and buying more figures counts hobby time well spent 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy at the way the turned out Ben and have to agree any hobby time is time well spent.

      Delete

Back in the Room.......

 Well it's been a wee while so thought I would share what time I have spent on the hobby recently and truth be told it's not been a ...