My Blog List

Sunday 10 March 2024

A change of plan...... Again!!

 Not too much happening on the hobby front, a few more additions to the Britains toy soldier collection and a change of tack on the wargaming front!

The TYW project is being put on the back burner for the time being, I have so many half started projects on the go that it would be stupid of me to start yet another one at this time.  So with that in mind I am going to crack on with the various 18th century projects that are part completed, not yet started and nearly done. These include, Jacobite Rebellion, Savoi and Modena project and the massive SYW project which is the one I will concentrate on, that's the main problem with me!, I have a Saxon army well down the road to be completed, still a good bit to do though, a Hanoverian army at pretty much the same stage and an Austrian one just started and a Prussian one with nothing done to it yet.

Plenty to do and focussing on this will be the hard part for me and the butterfly is a strong part of my life so who knows if I will have the discipline to keep at it but I will give it my best shot and see where I go with it.

To help keep me on the straight and narrow I am thinking of buying a couple of pre-painted 6mm armies that will enable to let me game without the problem of painting them.  There is a painting service that gets the army packs from Baccus and paints them up, each army pack has between 8 and 12 infantry about 9 cavalry and a couple of guns, so enough to get a decent game on the table, cost will be around £350 for them both and I have a bit of money to burn so this may be the way to go.  Next problem is what to get!! I am thinking of doing something I don't yet have in my lead pile, so maybe Franco-Prussian War or maybe Marlburian, that still has to be decided.

Busy time at work so not much time on wargaming stuff but I do have next weekend of so hopefully get into some SYW Austrians, I have one musketeer unit primed and also a Hungarian one primed, so enough to keep me going.

Well plenty to ponder, so until next time.....

2 comments:

  1. I think the butterfly is VERY strong in you, Donnie! The 6mm idea isnt a bad one, will be interested to see what you plump for in the way of Era!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is my main problem sticking to one thing without deviating!! Hopefully I can reign it in and batter on, but who knows! Still undecided about what armies to go for, still giving it some thought.

      Delete

The start of the Peninsular project!

 While waiting for my initial order to be cast from Elite Miniatures I went and purchased two ready painted units of British line infantry o...