My Blog List

Friday 24 May 2024

Podcasts.....

 Well not too much happening on the hobby front, busy at work and in the garden, got to while the weather is good!, and other than checking out a load of blogs I have started listening to podcasts.  I have come to these very late, never bothered with them before but I was missing out that's for sure.

I have started listening to The Yarkshire Gamers podcasts and a mighty fine listen they are too!  Ken is a big game wargamer and interested in the history of wargaming amongst other things, so ticks the boxes for me, the first two I listened to really pulled me in and got me hooked.

 I listened to the Peter Morbey one which was really interesting to me as I am a big fan of Elite Miniatures and got a real good insight into how he works. Talk about a one man band! Peter designs the figures, models them and casts every thing himself, talented man indeed!

The second one I listened to was the interview with Robbie Roddis, his blogs are a real treat and I follow him as he always has something interesting to say, this podcast was a real treat, really good fun and some great stories from his life in wargaming, He also talks at good length about Peter Gilder, another of his blogs, and I found it very enlightening and very interesting, cracking listen.

Ken has a good sense of humour and puts his interviewees at ease and the chat rattles by and seems to pass in an instant, can't recommend them highly enough and I will be listening to a couple more this weekend that's for sure.

The other thing I have been poring over this week has been the various blog posts from folks lucky enough to have gone to Partizan last weekend. Coming from the far north, shows are not really on my radar due to work and life commitments but come retirement that will change and I hope to hit a few when the time comes. Anyway I really enjoyed seeing the photos of the games on show and I know a lot of people call it the premier show on the circuit and with the quality on show you can see why!  So much inspiration to glean from all the lovely photos taken, time well spent I think.

That's about all I have to say just now and hopefully some hobby time might be had on Sunday as Saturday is work in the morning and gardening in the afternoon, we shall see! So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The buying frenzy continues....

 Well the work continues on the ECW project although nothing done this weekend, busy with other things.  I did purchase another Summerfield ...