My Blog List

Thursday 2 May 2024

Things getting done!!!

 My Peninsular project is still in the planning stages, so I cracked on with some figures that have been part completed since a couple of months, good chance to finish this unit off!  This is my small GNW project, I finished a gun crew and I am now working on the gun, also on the table is a 20 man charging infantry regiment in karpus, they are well on the way to being done, just a few colours to block in and then a wash, varnish and base!!

My GNW project is going to finish up at around 4 foot, 2 cavalry and 1 gun and crew for each side, and I have most of the Swedish miniatures already bought and most of the Saxons that will face them as well, it is a nice little side project that I pick up and put down and is not too much of a priority, All the figures are Warfare miniatures and they are lovely figures, the charging regiments have a great sense of movement and are very good value if you buy the regiment packs. Should be able to crack on with them this weekend.

My other ongoing project this week is getting to the finished stage, over the last year or so I have bought various foot, artillery and cavalry figures of Ian Hind on ebay, These are 10mm Pendraken League of Augsburg range and are off course painted and based. Here is an example.

They are very nicely done and bar an odd paint chip need no work on them, when I acquire a few more I will have enough for a decent game, I think the totals are around 8 foot, 5 cavalry and 6 guns a side, then it's choosing the rules and getting a game done. On the Honours of War page on Facebook there is a WSS amendment that should work well, I think I will go down this route.

The other figures that are near to completion on my painting table are 5 Giant Ice Trolls of the North from the Wars of Ozz game, these are painted and ready for some varnish and basing and they are good to go, they are lovely animated beasties and could do for any fantasy setting.

So that's my update for this week, actually getting something done and finished is a major boost for me and the thought of finishing off the 10mm painted one is a real win for me, not having to paint or base them has been a boon that's for sure given my glacial painting!!! So till next time.....

6 comments:

  1. The key to getting stuff accomplished is a little work, often. My painting has slackened off of late too. Looks like you are getting close to fielding your LoA armies for battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do struggle for time Jon, other things seem to take priority, which can be a tad frustrating for sure. The LoA project could well be done by end of next week, which will rather nice!

      Delete
  2. I will be interested to see your GNW Swedes when done,Donnie, as I also have a reasonably significant collection of both sides, although I need more Russians...mine are mostly Ebor with some Warlord plastics fir good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Ebor, they have a great range of miniatures. When I get them done Keith I will post a photo up.

    ReplyDelete

The start of the Peninsular project!

 While waiting for my initial order to be cast from Elite Miniatures I went and purchased two ready painted units of British line infantry o...