My Blog List

Thursday 4 July 2024

An update, plenty going on!

 Well I have had a busy enough time recently and my week off work was fairly productive, more so in the garden though!  In a change from doing Napoleonics I decided to finish off a couple of my GNW Swedish infantry, one is done, one needs their base work finished and one is ready to base, so a fair bit done.  This is a smallish project I want six units of infantry, two of dragoons and one of horse plus a couple of guns and powder wagon, so I have pretty much three infantry done and another on the table and one gun and crew done, still the rest to purchase, progress has been made!!

In other gaming news it has been books that have been winging their way to my house, this two are particularly good.


Both books are seriously good, full of facts and details and the wargaming potential is pretty decent, smallish armies, and various uniforms, should add to the spectacle and plenty of "what ifs"  One for the future as I have a fair few castings that will do the job in the lead pile!


I also ordered a slew of English Civil War books, all Helion ones and they were all on my to get list since a while, my ECW library is getting larger all the time!  I have a fair pile of completed and castings in 28mm for my ECW project but I think I will sell them on, I really fancy doing it in 40mm with the figures from Old Glory UK, Sash & Saber and Romanof figures, something to ponder!!

I also purchased the Black Powder supplement for the AWI, not that I am going to use BP for when I finally get my armies on the table but more for the scenarios which cover small engagements up to large battles, a decent book and worth getting.  This project is getting on, I have all the Continentals and militia and artillery and command stands I need, probably a couple of Continental dragoons and they will be done, in total it will be about 12 units of infantry, three of cavalry and a couple of guns plus command figures, leaves the Brits to do!

Well plenty to keep me going and my Peninsular project still going on in the background, just need to get a couple of more days added to the calendar, a nine day week would be great if you could be guaranteed only to use them for hobby time!!!  Until next time......

4 comments:

  1. Goodness me, Donnie, a real plethora of different projects on the go simultaneously at your place....hope to see some images of the GNW stuff in a future post? 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed a break from my Peninsular project Keith and the Swedes were well down the route of finishing off, will try and get some photos of the completed unit when done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a lot of irons in the fire! Do you have any 28mm Renegade figures in your unpainted ECW pile? Asking for a friend…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty to keep me going Jon that's for sure!! I'm afraid no Renegade in the lead pile, mostly Empress with a scattering of Warlord.

      Delete

An update, plenty going on!

 Well I have had a busy enough time recently and my week off work was fairly productive, more so in the garden though!  In a change from doi...