My Blog List

Friday 19 July 2024

Summertime.....

 ....And the hobby is a hard go!!  Due to work being very busy and gardening to the fore hobby time has been a bit of a slog with little time for it and when I have had the time the mojo wasn't there. barely started British Napoleonics sit beside nearly finished and half finished GNW Swedes.  I have dabbed a bit of colour on them but not for any length of time, to try and get me out of this funk I have purchased the figures needed to close out the Carlist army of my First Carlist War project, an order to the Perry brothers on Monday morning saw them arrive at the house on Friday, super service from them.  The package had a couple of 6 men lancer squadrons and what will be a 16 man non uniformed unit, I also got a cannon and crew off ebay and that will be that for that side of the project.  Hopefully I will make a start tomorrow on cleaning them up and priming some of the figures, this has always been a project that I have fallen back on when the mojo goes, so here's hoping!

On a similar front, I ordered this book from Helion, just waiting for it to arrive.


I was meaning to get this since it came out but had ordered various other books and forgot to get this one but that has been sorted now. If you have any interest in the Carlist War you really should trawl through the following blogs as the inspiration and knowledge you can take from them is massive, Ga Pa Great Northern War Gaming and Other Projects, 1866 and all that, full of wonderful eye candy I found them both really inspirational and have taken a lot out of both of them, well recommended.

Well that's it for this week and hopefully tomorrow will see me get some good hobby time and get my mojo back, I think it will as I do feel a good bit more energised.


6 comments:

  1. Hope you can shake off your Summer Funk. You are not alone. Having a box of figures arrive always gets my mojo salivating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly got the buzz when I opened up the package yesterday Jon, so here's hoping!

      Delete
  2. Good luck getting back into your hobby stride, Donnie! I have been a bit slack through the week but got a pretty good session at the painting desk in today (Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it i just the time of year Keith and I am pretty sure all will come good shortly, hope so anyway!!

      Delete
  3. Getting a box from the Perrys is always good to kick start my mojo, good luck with the Carlist wars, I period I do fancy but must resist in order to actually finish stuff!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually managed to get the infantry and gun crew, cleaned up and primed so happy enough with that, roughly about half way done of the Carlist project so not too bad.

      Delete

An interesting problem.....

 Perusing ebay for figures is always interesting when I have a bit of down time and I came across some figures that interested me.  I am alw...