My Blog List

Sunday 22 September 2024

The buying frenzy continues....

 Well the work continues on the ECW project although nothing done this weekend, busy with other things.  I did purchase another Summerfield tome, this one on Austrian infantry, and it is another cracking book, nothing more from him on the horizon but who knows!

While perusing ebay I cam across some painted Crann Tara figures for sale, I recognised them and then realised they were from the late Stuart Insch and were being sold by his good friend Graham, there was a Neapolitan army and a Spanish one from the siege of Havana. The Neapolitans were a must buy as we had chatted about them some time ago, Stuart had provided me with a lot of uniform information for Genoa, Piedmont and Naples for a project I was working on, no brainer there, then seeing the Spanish I just had to have them as well, so paid for them too.

This is the Neapolitan collection painted by Stuart Foley I believe, they are quite superb and will do me very nicely indeed.
And this is the Spanish troops, and again I think Stuart Foley painted some of them but Stuart Inch did some of them too. Really happy to have purchased these for my collection as they are really top notch and great additions to my collection and very nice to have something from Suarts collection, they will fight another day.

More purchases to come from the collection of Tony Joseph on the horizon as well, he has more Hanoverians plus some British and some French, so it's in for a penny and in for a pound!  So plenty added to my collection and nothing at all painted but I do have some plans in the pipeline for some work I will do myself, we will see when that will come to fruition!  So until next time,,,,,,

8 comments:

  1. Some clever recruiting of forces on eBay. The figures look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very handsome additions! You will be poised for refighting WAS battles in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all coming together Jon and hopefully sometime soon they will be on the table, fingers crossed for sooner rather than later!

      Delete
  3. Some nice looking figures there Donnie 👌 Buying in your recruits ready painted certainly speeds things up but must be quite costly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly not a cheap option Keith but for pretty much the first time in my life I have a bit of disposable cash available so making good use of it!

      Delete
  4. Splendid looking recruits!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rather pleased I have them Iain that's for sure.

      Delete

The buying frenzy continues....

 Well the work continues on the ECW project although nothing done this weekend, busy with other things.  I did purchase another Summerfield ...