My Blog List

Wednesday 9 October 2024

An interesting problem.....

 Perusing ebay for figures is always interesting when I have a bit of down time and I came across some figures that interested me.  I am always on the look out for older SYW figures that I can use for my Imagi-nations project, I have Hinchliffe, Minifig and Garrison sitting in boxes waiting for me to do something with them, probably a retirement project to be honest.  Anyway I found these ones when looking at Hinds shop on ebay, I messaged Ian to ask if he knew anything about them and he came back that he thought they may be either Garrison or Greenwood and Ball, I have a load of Garrison and the poses don't look like them and after a fruitless search online I could find very little on G & B, here are a couple of pictures just in case someone out there knows what they might be.


They are certainly old school with very little definition a bit like Spencer Smiths in that department, you have to paint on straps etc. as the detail isn't there, they look pretty decent though and with a bit of care and attention and a new paint job and gloss varnish they should look pretty decent on the table.  I am waiting for them to arrive, knowing Ian it shouldn't take too long as he has a very quick turnaround, then I can see them in the flesh so to speak and work out a plan for them.  So basically if anyone knows anything about these figures I would be very interested indeed, if they remain a mystery then so be it as they should fit in well enough with all my other old school figures.  So until next time.....

8 comments:

  1. Some useful and interesting figure purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should fit in well with the rest of my collection Peter.

      Delete
  2. Sorry Donnie, can't assist with identifying these....old school figures are not really my thing, to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not for everyone Keith but I must admit I enjoy hunting them down although I am still in the dark concerning these ones!

      Delete
  3. Good to see that these old figures still turn up to add to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always on the look out for the older type of miniatures Jon, soetimes you just get lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking old school figures but I'm afraid I don't know where they're from!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still none the wiser myself Iain, once I get them I will be able to look for marks etc. so all may come clear, finger crossed!

      Delete

An interesting problem.....

 Perusing ebay for figures is always interesting when I have a bit of down time and I came across some figures that interested me.  I am alw...